Open Access with Academic Block
Academic block publishers through its open access journals, books and proceedings is committed to provide free access to everyone and anyone. Through our global network we enable you to reach anyone who is interested, in every country, every city, every town and every village, completely free.
Why we need open access?
We need open access to avoid mainly two situations:
1. Cost can act as barrier, for authors high publication charges can restrict their choice for a good journal while on other hand fee for access can limit the audience pool. These kind of barriers unjustifiably creates haves and have-nots in the academic community which is highly undesirable. By removing all costs and fee we at academic block remove all the barriers between authors and readers.
2. Most of the research is funded by the taxpayers around the globe. It is unjust to expect people to pay for the research and then pay again to access the outcomes. This kind of double taxation needs to be avoided. We at academic block enables free flow of research, people can access their own funded research at no cost, anywhere.
Advantages of open access with academic block
Complaint with Grant Rules:
Most of the research is funded through public money. Keeping this in mind many government funding agencies encourage and sometime mandates researchers to publish their findings in open access platforms. Enabling readers to access it free of cost, and saving tax payers money that would otherwise go towards paying access fee of different journals or publishers.
Recent articles have confirmed through available data that open access literature is viewed and downloaded more often than the subscription based access. It is convincingly shown that open access papers recceive more citations in comparision. In a recent article published in “Nature Communications” it was found that open access articles are viewed three times more often.
Quick review process:
Due to the nature of open access publishing, more academicians are willing volunteer in the review process. This leads to a clean and quicker review process. It is a common fact that average publication time for open access journals is 40% less when compared with non-open access options.
Open access blue model:
Blue access model followed by the academic block is the best available model. When you publish with us, after acceptance your article becomes available to the readers without any holding period unlike the green access model. Also there is no associated fee either for the authors or the readers, unlike the gold access model. You can view the figure below to understand how our blue access model is better then currently used green or gold open access models.
History of Open Access
Policies related to Open Access have their humble beginning mainly from three declarations:
1. Budapest Open Access Initiative (2002)
2. Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing (2003)
3. Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities (2003)
The policies formulated in these gatherings are the foundation stone of modern open access movement. To learn more you can participate online in the Open Access Week which is an international event mostly organized in October every year. It offers a great platform for researchers, students, librarians, and others to showcase their ideas and support free sharing. It provides an excellent opportunity to learn about open access and support free sharing of knowledge.