Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of this Web Site is subject to these terms and conditions. By using this Web Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which form a binding contract between you and Academic Block Publications.
Acceptance of Terms
– This agreement (“Agreement”) is between the Academic Block Publications (ABP) and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities (collectively, “ABP”, “we” or “ours”) and you (“you” or “yours”) for the use of this website (the “Site”), and any associated digital or print content.
– This Agreement includes any guidelines or rules posted and updated on the Site by ABP from time to time. By using this Web Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which form a binding contract between you and ABP.
– You can review the most current version of this Agreement at any time at the ABP and its affiliated websites.
Ownership of Site
– The Site is owned by ABP. You acknowledge that this website may contain information, communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, images and other material and services (collectively “Content”), which is generally provided by ABP or third party after the permission.
– The Content or its use or the use of this Site is protected by patents, copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights (including intellectual property rights). These rights are valid and protected in all media now existing or later developed, and that except as specifically provided in this Agreement.
– ABP owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Content of the Site.
Restrictions on Use of Content
– Your use of the Content shall be governed and constrained by applicable patent, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Modification or use of the Site and/or the Content for any commercial purpose is a violation of patent, copyright and other proprietary rights owned by ABP and third parties.
Access to Member Services
– You must be a current member of ABP to access to the Member Service of the Site and insert your user name and password.
– You agree that you will be responsible for maintaining your user account as confidential and for any activity that occurs as a result of your enabling or permitting another person or entity to use your account.
Password use and security
– You agree to immediately notify ABP if you become aware of or have reason to believe that there is any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
– ABP is in no way liable for any claims or losses related to the use or misuse of your password or account due to the activities of any third party outside of our control or due to your failure to maintain their confidentiality and security.
– ABP is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password safe and confidential.
Termination of Access
– Any access granted to you to use any Service is effective until it expires, until ABP terminates it, or until you provide notice to ABP of your decision to terminate it. Your rights under the license will terminate automatically without notice to you if you fail to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
– ABP reserves the right to suspend, discontinue or change a Service, or its availability to you, at any time without notice. Upon termination of the access to a Service, you shall cease all use of the Service.
– You agree that any termination of your access to the Site shall not result in any liability or other obligation of ABP to you or any third party in connection with such termination.
Contributions to the Site
Where you submit information to the Site, you warrant, represent and undertake that it:
– is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the ABP for all the purposes for which you submit it;
– is not defamatory; and
– does not infringe any law.
Disclaimer of Warranties
– The use of the site is solely at your own risk. The site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
– ABP makes no warranty that the site and/or any content therein will meet your requirements, or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, current, accurate, complete or error-free or that the results that may be obtained by use of the site and/or any content therein will be accurate or reliable.
Limitation of Liability
– You expressly understand and agree that ABP shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data loss or other losses (even if ABP has been advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from the use of the site.
Your Conduct on the Site
– You agree and acknowledge that ABP is not responsible or liable to you or any other party or user of the Site for any Prohibited Conduct by you or any other party or user of the Site.
– You may not collect or store personal data of other users of the Site without the prior, written permission of such user(s).
– You may not directly or indirectly, intentionally disrupt or interfere with the Site in any manner that may adversely affect ABP or any user of the Site.
– You may not upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed or known to disable, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer hardware, computer software, or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
– You will not upload any material that may violate any copyright law or is plagiaristic, and you will also not upload any material that you are not authorised to upload.
– By your use of the Site, you represent and warrant that you have all the rights necessary to receive, use, transmit and disclose all data that you use in any way with the Site.
– You further represent and warrant that you shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
– You agree and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any liabilities, fines, penalties or forfeitures occasioned by any such violations or lack of rights.
Disclaimer of Content
– You understand and acknowledge that ABP assumes no responsibility to screen or review Content and/or User Content that is originated by parties other than ABP, and that ABP shall have the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion to review, refuse, monitor, edit or remove any Content and/or User Content that is available on the Site.
– ABP expressly disclaims all responsibility or liability to you or any other person or entity for the performance or nonperformance of such Content and/or User Content review. You acknowledge and agree that you assume all risk associated with the use of any and all Content and/or User Content.
– The Site may contain links to third-party sites or resources. We do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from these links. Transactions that occur between you and any third party are strictly between you and the third party and are not the responsibility of ABP.
You and ABP and any of its affiliates, employees, contractors, officers or directors agree that this Agreement and the relationship between you and ABP will be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without respect to its conflict of laws, provisions and that venue with respect to any dispute between you and ABP will rest exclusively in the state and federal courts located in the District of Columbia.
– Trademarks of ABP or its affiliated entities are used with the permission of their respective owners. You agree not to use or display trademarks without the prior written consent of ABP or the owner of such mark.
Intellectual Property Policy
– ABP reserves the right to terminate this Agreement in appropriate circumstances if you infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party.
– You hereby agree to indemnify and hold ABP, its directors, officers, shareholders, predecessors, successors in interest, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors harmless from and against any and all third-party claims of liability, losses, damages and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ or legal fees, arising out of or in connection with your violation of these Terms and Conditions, and your use of or inability to use any of the Services or the Content or Submissions.
– You understand and agree that ABP may from time to time establish and revise practices and limitations concerning the Site and your use of the Site.
– You agree that ABP shall have no liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content or User Content maintained on the Site or transmitted using the Site.
– This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and ABP and governs your use of the Site.
– You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use third party content or Site available through the Site.
– If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
– ABP reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice. Please check these Terms and Conditions periodically for any modifications. Your continued use of any Service following the posting of any changes will mean that you have accepted and agreed to the changes.